Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Post-Launch and Season Pass Content Revealed
Ubisoft reveals the post-launch content coming to their open world action game Assassin's Creed Odyssey, with paid and free content coming. Assassins Creed III Remastered also announced as a free bonus with Season Pass.
Just a few more weeks to go until we get our hands on the next entry of the Assassin's Creed series when Assassin’s Creed Odyssey launches on October 5th (or October 2nd if you purchase the Gold/Ultimate), and now Ubisoft have given us a glimpse at what the future holds for the game by teasing the post-launch and season pass content. Players can look forward to episodic DLC that will expand the story, as well as a remastered version of Assassin's Creed III which will include all previous DLC. We've also been given a taste of the free content coming to the game with weekly/daily events, story content with Lost Tales of Greece and more.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass Content:
The game will support a number of episodic content packs, starting in December 2018 with the first chapter known as "Legacy of the First Blade" which will give players a glimpse at the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade that the series is best known for. Every 6 weeks players will get a new episode to play from the pack, then in Spring 2019 we'll get to take on the second Story Arc "The Fate of Atlantis" that will see players face off against godly creatures and discover secrets of the lost city.
- Story Arc 1 - Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc II - The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Ignite the American Revolution as Connor, the master assassin, born amidst the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America. As a bloody uprising draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019 and will include :
- All the DLC: The Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered.
Perhaps the biggest news for the Season Pass is the inclusion of a remastered version of AC3 which will include all DLC content and Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered as well. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will support higher resolution textures, a new graphics engine, more graphic enhancements plus gameplay improvements. For those who do not wish to pickup the Season Pass, you'll be able to purchase the game separately after release when it launches in March 2019.
The Season Pass will be included for free with the Gold and Ultimate Editions of the game, or can be bought separately at launch.
Aside from the Season Pass content there will be a number of Free content available for all players after release, including new narrative missions that will provide a steady flow of content, recurring in-game events, plus much more. It's also been revealed that the Discovery Tour which was seen in last year's Origins will be making a return to allow players to explore Greece. Here's what all players can look forward to after release:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players can traverse the entire interactive 3D recreation of Ancient Greece, free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, after launch.
- Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defeat and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
The team is dedicated to bringing more content to the game after launch and improving the experience for all players, including extra content that has yet to be revealed.