Far Cry: New Dawn Story Trailer and Gameplay Features Revealed
Awaken to a ruined Hope County, Montana in the upcoming open world action game Far Cry: New Dawn, which is launching on Febraury 15th. Learn more about the story and gameplay features while you wait.
Set 17 years after the terrible nuclear catastrophe that struck Hope County, it'll be up to you to emerge from the ashes to face the highwaymen and their leaders, the Twins. Fight for survival in this dangerous post-apocalyptic world, form alliances and build deadly weapons to combat the rising threat. Find out more about the story for Far Cry: New Dawn with the brand new story trailer while you wait for release.
Additionally, another video gives us a proper look at the gameplay features coming to the game. While the game is set in the same location as Far Cry 5, the world has changed considerably by Fire and Radiation, which has effected not only the plants but also the wildlife. Nothing you remember will be the same as you explore this changed world. Scavengers known as the Highwaymen rule the county by setting out outposts and it'll be up to you to put a stop to them by any means necessary. Not only has the landscape changed, but the way you move around it and the weapons you'll get will also be different.
Build up your home base at prosperity, a settlement made up of survivors and work together to bring order to the chaos. Expect Guns for Hire to make a return, including some old favourites who lend aid to the player in their hour of need. You can even hire specialists who will use their skills to upgrade your home base facilities to allow for more upgrades, better gear, new fast travel options and more. Both weapons and vehicles come with ranks this time around, and upgrading your workbench will allow for even more powerful tools of the trade. Higher ranked weapons will not only include more damage, but also extra options such as scopes, silencers and more. Work with the remnants of the project at Eden's Gate, who will team up with you to hunt the Highwaymen.
Far Cry: New Dawn Features
FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL IN A BREATHTAKING POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD
- Sprawling superbloom fields and dense overgrowth invite you into a wildly beautiful yet deadly post-apocalyptic landscape, to discover on your own or with a friend in two player co-op.
- Wildlife has not gone untouched by the disaster, with some predators evolving rugged natural defenses.
UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS COLLIDE WITH A RELENTLESS DOUBLE THREAT
- Clash with the brutal Highwaymen and their unruly leaders Mickey and Lou. Known as The Twins, these sisters combine brains and brawn to give their army an iron grip on Hope County’s precious resources.
- Recruit an eclectic cast of Guns and Fangs for Hire to fight by your side. These new allies, as well as some familiar faces, each bring unique and critical skills to the fray.
- Find the former doomsday cult and seek out the charismatic leader who prophesized the collapse of civilization: Joseph Seed.
GROW THE SURVIVORS TO BUILD UP YOUR HOMEBASE
- Specialists join the Survivors to help you craft weapons and vehicles, train your Guns for Hire, and even go on Expeditions from the eight Homebase facilities: the workbench, training camp, explosives lab, infirmary, garage, healing garden, cartography, and expeditions.
- Grow your community and upgrade your Homebase to improve your facilities and unlock more powerful weapons and gear.
BATTLE FOR RESOURCES IN HOPE COUNTY AND BEYOND
- Engage the Highwaymen in Turf Wars by clearing their outposts and then scavenging them for Ethanol and other materials. When the Highwaymen return with stronger reinforcements, you can take on a greater challenge for even more of these valuable resources.
- For the first time in Far Cry, the adventure is not just local. Venture outside of Hope County on thrilling Expeditions to unique and memorable locations across the USA including wetlands, canyons, and coastal regions.
- Expeditions and Outposts are different every playthrough, for rewarding missions that increase in challenge and are surprising every time.
Far Cry: New Dawn launches on February 15th 2019. You can pre-order the game to get the Unicorn Trike skin for free!