Mass Effect: Andromeda 1.05 Patch arrives Thursday, makes Changes, Fixes and Improvements!
BioWare aims to address problems with Mass Effect: Andromeda, sets to tackle common problems first by releasing a patch on Thursday.
It's been out a few weeks and already players are experiencing some less than ideal issues with Mass Effect: Andromeda, though the way may finally be over as the developers have listened to feedback and will be addressing some of the game's major problems with a patch that will release on Thursday April 6th. Among the fixes players will finally get increased space for their limited inventory storage, a fix to the dreaded "Zig Zag Animation", an option to skip galaxy map travel cutscenes, better lip sync animations and much more.
Zig Zag Animation in Action
In the upcoming months BioWare has plans to make even more changes to the game including:
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
Take a look at the patch coming on Thursday in detail, with the patch notes below:
Patch 1.05 Notes
- Improved tutorial placement
- Increased inventory limits
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
Hopefully these changes will iron out of some issues that players are having, I can say that it's not fun with the limited inventory space and will be glad when we get more options for increasing it. The animations haven't bothered me as much, but I would like to see more improvements on the character models for Ryder. Plus it's a relief to see that we can finally have an option to skip traveling between planets as it felt a long part of the game (great for a while but eventually something you'll get tired of).