Description of Fear The Wolves
Buy Fear The Wolves as a Steam Key.
Early Access current content
- The game: A battle royale that provides a tense experience through unique systems, items, and weapons. As a smaller-scale battle royale, every decision, every gun picked up, your drop point - it all matters. Your decisions, not the random happenstance of the map, will decide whether you get the jump on another player or are surrounded by enemies.
- The basics: 20+ guns, 25+ attachments, 15+ armours, air drops, consumables, and much more
- Unified mode: Solos and duos play against each other, duos having to share resources for their numbers advantage. Duos are the default, and we’ll match you up with a team-mate quickly and easily.
- PvE: Wolf packs stalk players and are a deadly threat, while anomalies from the disaster must also be avoided to survive.
- The Map: 25km2 of ruins surround Chernobyl, with rivers, forests, destroyed towns, hidden army camps, and much more. Each game takes place across 9km2 of this area, the map changing every time you play. During Early Access we have greatly expanded the variety of landmark buildings, oddities, and curious elements present. This includes caches of precious equipment that must be hunted down with treasure maps and looted with specific tools.
- Dynamic, vote-based weather system: The weather of Chernobyl is constantly changing – you’ll face clear days, harsh winds, thunderous storms, and more, all voted for by the players spectating a match.
- Time system: Each game takes place either during the morning, at noon, or as dusk begins, changing visibility and the viability of various playstyles.
- Vaulting: Climb and vault over obstacles to quickly navigate the dangerous world of Chernobyl.
- Vehicles: Dilapidated but functional jeeps dot the landscape of Fear the Wolves. Rare, loud, and obvious, they are nevertheless a speedy way to escape dangerous areas.
- Radiation: Radiation infects the battlefield at random, spreading unevenly, and offering different threats depending on intensity.
- The Extraction: Escape each map in a dramatic finale as you fight the other last players standing to extract via helicopter – be it from the ground or rooftops.
- Unique pre-game: You can see and check the map prior to deployment, and you’re instantly into the match as soon as it starts. Players get to choose how many players a match starts with.
- In-game voice chat: Talk to your squad and discuss tactics.
- Spectator mode: Dead players can continue to spectate a match, and vote for weather. You can also immediately queue for a new game once dead, meaning you never have to leave the action.
- 14 languages: Localisation was one of our first priorities in Early Access and the game is now available in French, German, Russian, Chinese, and eight more languages.
- Customization: Dress your best with collectable appearances across various slots."
Coming in the next Early Access update
- Much requested new features
- Big updates to wolf AI, including a new mutation
- Unique, gameplay-altering new mechanics
About This Game
Fear the Wolves is a competitive Battle Royale FPS by Vostok Games, bringing unique elements inspired by classic FPS games to the world’s hottest genre. The game drops players, as duos or lone wolves, into the oppressive environments of a radiation-ravaged Chernobyl spread across a section of the 25km2 map.
To secure the top spot, players will need to worry about more than just other survivors. Across the hostile wastes, everyone is threatened by deadly anomalies and the dynamically-changing weather – voted for by dead players acting as spectators. With each game in a new part of Chernobyl and at a different time of day, survivors must stay on their toes and constantly adapt to new situations.
Protective gear allows players to explore dangerous off-limit radioactive zones inaccessible to less-equipped opponents - but filled with powerful loot. All the while, the howls of mutated creatures echo through the wasteland. Wolves and much worse lay in wait for foolish players who don’t keep their wits about them. Further breaking the mold of the genre, every game is made truly unique by the irregular and unpredictable spread of deadly radiation, which organically closes in on players with different stages of toxicity, all of which can be battled and avoided in different ways. Safety is rarely certain, and adept players will need to read the environment to determine when it is no longer wise to remain in an area.
Finally, every match ends with a dramatic race to the extraction helicopter, with only one of the handful of survivors able to make it. Will you pick off stragglers from a rooftop until you are the only one alive? Or would you rather make a mad dash for freedom, leaving your pursuers behind and escaping under the cover of smoke and chaos? Each extraction is unique, with the final area layout and your skills deciding the winner. Cosmetic customization options and a deep progression system reward you for your victories and close-calls.
All this, rival players, tight shooting mechanics, and an arsenal of guns, attachments, armour, and melee weapons mean no two matches are the same.
- Brutal FPS battle royale in the irradiated remains of Chernobyl
- 20+ weapons with dozens of attachments, across a wide variety of effective ranges and situations, including melee
- Radiation spreads dynamically from area to area, and can be survived with the right gear
- PvE elements keep each match different, with wolves, mutants, and other hazards a constant danger
- Finish matches in style with the final battle around the extraction helicopter
- Artifacts found in the wasteland change your gameplay experience significantly