Description of Laser League
Brace yourself for Laser League, the new last-word in high-speed, futuresports team action. Blink and you’re dead!
Battle against the opposition for control of nodes that bathe the arena in deadly light. Evade rival coloured beams, and fry your opponents with speed, strength and strategy. Activate special offensive and defensive abilities to give yourself an edge at the crucial moment. Always be on the lookout for game-changing power ups on the arena floor. LASER LEAGUE is the exhilarating, high-octane contact sport of the future.
Known for the award-winning OlliOlli series and NOT A HERO, Roll7 bring their trademark addictive gameplay to an original vision of near-future competition. Like all great sports it is immediately understandable, but rewards dedication with deceptively complex strategic possibilities. Find the perfect blend of classes for your team, and wage neon war online or with up to eight players around a single screen.
Laser League’s initial offering packs in:
- Over 60 characters from 5 unique brands (Empire, Gen Hao, Silvertip, Al Shama and Beyond)
6 powerful classes:
- BLADE: Has a short-range attack which will eliminate an opponent.
- SMASH: A longer-range dash attack, which sends a hit opponent flying across the pitch.
- SNIPE: Drop a marker, see a tracer line to it drawn on the pitch, and teleport back to it – eliminating anyone in your path
- GHOST: Activate for a few seconds of invincibility, to safely grab lasers or revive team mates
- THIEF: Steal a laser node that’s been activated by the opposition
- SHOCK: Area of effect electric shock that stuns rivals.
Games modes: up to 4 players per team in Local; 2v2 and 3v3 matches online
2 ability modifiers per class.
3 international stadiums with 12 Laser maps:
- EMPIRE CAMPUS (London, UK)
- GAUNLET: Restrictive. Quickly escalates in complexity.
- NINE CLUB: Hypnotic. Slow escalation with space for combat.
- SPIN CYCLE: Defensive. Perpetual long lasers.
- ARROWHEAD: Mesmeric. Slowly shifting border.
- GENG HAO MEGAPLEX (Tianjin, China)
- CRUSHER: Pressure! Short moving lasers to trap opponents.
- WARZONE: Shooting. Multiple short firing nodes.
- BATTLEGROUND: End to End. Multiple long-beamed nodes.
- RICOCHET: Hectic. Figure of eight moving nodes.
- SILVERTIP ARENA (Detroit, USA)
- CAROUSEL: Clockwise. Slow escalation with Space for combat.
- Y CONTROL: Orbiting. Long central lasers. Short rotating ones.
- PRIME: Interlocking. Expand control by owning the centre.
- ROTATOR: Restrained. Close combat with deadzones
16 available power ups to drastically change gameplay momentum (Including, SWITCH, DRAIN, REVIVE, REVERSE or SPEED UP)
Over 250 character customizations.