Borderlands 3: Zane Character Trailer
Play as all-new vault hunters later this year when Borderlands 3 launches on September 13th 2019. As we get closer to the launch of the epic loot shooter sequel, developer 2k Games and publisher Gearbox are giving us a character spotlight on Zane the Operative, a gun for hire and resident tech expert that is equipped with gadgets. He can equip two Action Skills at once if he chooses, but doing so will result in no longer being able to use grenades. Take a look at the brand new gameplay trailer and learn more about some of his character abilities below!
As with all Vault Hunters in Borderlands 3, Zane has 3 unique skill trees to pick from - each of which has their own bonuses and Action Skills to pick from. No matter which playstyle you prefer, there's something for everyone with a focus on gadgets and survivability.
Zane Character Abilities
Doubled Agent - Action Skill: Digi-Clone
- Quick Breather lets Zane immediately start recharging his shield whenever he swaps places with his Digi-Clone, which provides a huge boost to survivability.
- Enhance causes your Digi-Clone to consume up to 3 grenades when you summon it, giving the Digi-Clone amped-up stats for every grenade consumed.
- Double Barrel ups your DPS by giving your Digi-Clone a copy of Zane’s current weapon - and swapping places triggers increased gun damage for you and your Digi-Clone.
Hitman - Action Skill: SNTNL
- Salvation gives your damage a bit of life steal after you score a kill, so you can shoot your way back to health if your life bar starts dwindling during battle.
- Death Follows Close improves the effectiveness and duration of your Kill Skills, letting you tear through large groups of enemies with ease.
- Seein’ Red sets off all of Zane's Kill Skills any time he activates an Action Skill. If you stagger your Action Skills properly, your overall damage output will be through the roof.
Under Cover - Action Skill: Barrier
- Confident Competence buffs Zane’s gun damage and accuracy whenever his shields are active, with better bonuses for stronger shield percentages.
- Calm, Cool, Collected rewards Zane for using cryo weapons; any time you freeze an enemy you’ll regenerate shields, health, or Action Skills in that order, depending on what’s currently full.
- Distributed Denial is a big one, giving your Barrier the effects of your currently equipped Shield Mod, which also applies to any allies near the Barrier (with reduced bonuses for Zane himself). It’ll feel like everyone’s getting together for a big buff party any time you drop a Barrier.
Borderlands 3 launches on September 13th 2019 and you can pre-order the game in three different editions at Gamesplanet (Official Partner of 2k Games) as Epic Games Keys. Those who pre-order the game will not only get the Gold Skins Package, but also Gamesplanet Wallet Cashback as a bonus! Take a look at our Version Comparison to break down what the content of the Standard, Deluxe and Super Deluxe Edition contains with a handy overview.