Borderlands 3: FL4K Gameply Trailer and 11 Minutes of New Footage
FL4K the Beastmaster is the final vault hunter that'll be joining the party when Borderlands 3 launches on September 13th. This robotic leader is capable of using loyal beasts to get the job done and deal damage to his foes, as well as an Action skill to help him out. Each tech tree will have their own unique pet to pick from, such as Skag that will buff your damage and ravages any enemy in the way, or a Spiderant Centurion that can spit acid. Learn more about the Beastmaster with a character trailer and some new footage below!
Like the other vault hunters, FL4K is able to pick from multiple action skills with different skill trees for each one. As a Beastmaster he's capable of using various beats to get the job done and dish out some deadly close range damage. Here's a few of the skills FL4K has as his disposal:
FL4K Character Abilities
Hunter - Action Skill: Rakk Attack! / Pet: Spiderant Centurion
- Ambush Predator is perfect for snipers who prefer to fight from afar: while there are no enemies nearby, FL4K’s weapon handling and critical hit damage are increased.
- The Most Dangerous Game is a Hunter Kill Skill that literally pays dividends if you go after tougher targets. Whenever FL4K kills a Badass or stronger enemy, they gain increased critical hit damage, gun damage, and handling for an extended period. Additionally, they receive a cash reward from the Intergalactic Bureau of Bounty Hunting, which clearly recognizes that FL4K deserves a tip for their hard work.
- Megavore is a game-changer, giving FL4K a chance to score a critical hit with weapons against any part of enemies. Even if you miss a headshot here and there, Megavore can make a bullet to the butt just as lethal as one to the brain.
Master - Action Skill: Gamma Burst / Pet: Guard Skag
- Who Rescued Who? strengthens the symbiotic bond between FL4K and their Pet. Whenever their Pet deals damage, FL4K regenerates some health, and whenever FL4K deals damage, their Pet will be healed for a portion of the damage dealt.
- Psycho Head on a Stick, which sounds like a fantastic chew toy, is a Hunter Kill Skill that buffs FL4K’s Pet with increased movement speed and damage for a few seconds whenever FL4K kills an enemy.
- Dominance emphasizes the ‘master’ in Beastmaster. This new melee attack lets FL4K convert an enemy to their side for a short time, with doubled duration if your dominated target is a beast. Dominance is also a means for dealing damage to your temporary ally: your target loses health until the effect ends or they die fighting for your cause.
Stalker - Action Skill: Fade Away / Pet: Jabber Sidekick
- Lick the Wounds lets your Pet attempt to revive you whenever you’re downed in the Fight For Your Life state. You’ll appreciate your Pet that much more after they pull off a clutch revive during a heated firefight, and it’s a great option for staying alive in solo play.
- The Fast and the Furryous gives FL4K increased gun damage and movement speed whenever they’re above half health. It sounds simple, but trying to preserve your health and maintain your buffs becomes a metagame in and of itself.
- The Power Inside makes FL4K and their Pet gain increased damage after FL4K activates an Action Skill—but if FL4K is at full health, that damage increase is doubled. Triggering that doubled bonus is easy to do before a fight, but good luck pulling it off once you’re in the thick of all the ensuing chaos.
You can get a better look at FL4k in action with 11 minutes of fresh new gameplay footage from the team over at IGN as the AI tests out his skills in combat with some early campaign missions.
NOTE: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!
Borderlands 3 launches on September 13th 2019 and you can pre-order the game in three different editions at Gamesplanet (Official Partner of 2k Games) as Epic Games Keys. Those who pre-order the game will not only get the Gold Skins Package, but also Gamesplanet Wallet Cashback as a bonus! Take a look at our Version Comparison to break down what the content of the Standard, Deluxe and Super Deluxe Edition contains with a handy overview.