Call of Duty: WWW2 - PC Update live, adds dedicated servers. COD Points delayed until Nov 21.
Sledgehammer games deploy PC Update for Call of Duty: WW2, brings back dedicated servers and delays the release of COD points to November 21st.
It hasn't been out for long, but Call of Duty: WW2 has been suffering with a nuner of issues, including a broken Headquarters which forced players to be stuck in a lobby without other players - which was eventually fixed. The good news is that Sledgehammer games are hard at work on updating the game and have now launched the PC update, as well as bringing back Dedicated Servers for the game. Unfortunately the COD Points which were attached to certain versions of the Digital Call of Duty: WW2 have been delayed, and they will now be arriving on November 21st. If you pre-ordered Call of Duty: WW2 Standard or bought the Deluxe then you will find 1,100 points waiting for you when the points get sent out.
They are also taking a hard stance against cheaters, and have outlined in their most recent community post what they plan to do against those abusing the game:
Cheaters and hackers create a plethora of issues in-game and ruin the overall experience for everyone. We are committed to banning those who exploit the game to gain advantage over other players. However, you all are integral to our process, and we appreciate your help. Please utilize the in-game reporting feature for suspected cheating.
The developers suggest reporting players in the game. To do this you will need to go to the "Social Tab", select the player that you believe is cheating and then use the "Report Player" option to alert the team to the possible bad egg.
Elsewhere a number of improvements have been added to the game, such as the annoying issue that was persistent everytime you restarted the game and the FOV would be reset back to the default 65 (cheer!). You can take a look at the full list of improvements below:
Call of Duty: WWII: November 14th PC Update
- Fixed an issue where the FOV was being reset to 65 every time the user starts Multiplayer
- Resolved an issue where FPS is locked to 60 fps when using HDR on 60hz monitors in Windowed (No Border) mode
- Fixed a hitching issue when using 144hz monitor in Windowed (Not Border) with Vsync & Freesync enabled
- Ranked Play support added for the upcoming Ranked Season in December
- Support added for Discord
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Various issues with when the party leader disbands the party
- Fixed various issues with parties following the party leader to the HQ
- Fixed a rare issue where players are being booted from public lobbies
- Fixed a host migration issue when the party leader exits the game via exit to desktop
- Fixed issue with kill feed improperly displaying a user has changed their name
- Addressed animation issue with Laughing Emote
- Addressed glare issues with various Weapon Kits while SSR is set to High
- Resolved issue with After Action Report not appearing after Gridiron and Capture the Flag matches
- Addressed uncommon issue where HUD would only display for a single player in Hardcore DOM
- Espionage Basic Training - Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you
- Addressed issue with Mastery challenges were number of challenges was displaying incorrectly making Challenges impossible to complete
- Fixed tank inversion and sensitivity setting for War tank controls
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON UPDATES:
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun - damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG - increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod - Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle - decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle - widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle - increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol - decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS - Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.
COD:WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES:
- Fixed a crash with host migration while in a public zombies match
- Addressed lighting/glare issues with Tesla gun in Zombies when SSR is enabled.
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- After players prestige once, "WELCOME TO THE HQ" quest pops pack up.
- After finishing a game, classes with Heroic weapons get reset