Dishonored 2 - Patch adds Iron Mode and Custom Difficulty Sliders!
Bethesda offers you more freedom by offering replayable missions, plus new custom difficulty sliders provide endless variety in Dishonored 2's latest patch!
Dishonored 2's latest patch may be one of the best they've ever released as the game now features not only the ability to go back and do any mission you'd like, but also custom difficulty sliders which make the game easier or harder depending on what your playstyle is. Maybe you're the type of player who wants to limit the duration of the sleep dart, or perhaps you just want to turn off alarms - the choice is yours as the game now features over 20 difficulty sliders to create the perfect experience that's tailored to you.
Additionally the Iron Mode will allow players who like a challenge to test take their skills to the limit by providing a rock solid difficulty that only the real seasoned warriors should dare brave.
Lead Designer Dinga Bakaba mentioned that it's not going to be easy though, you'll have to adapt to a new way of playing should you want to give it a go and may not be something everyone is going to be able to enjoy - those looking for a challenge though will welcome this.
Iron Mode adds even more teeth to Dishonored 2. You will have to live with the consequences of your actions, or die permanently because of them.”
The patch also brings with a number of fixes, which include:
- Added new mode
- Custom Difficulties
- Added Mission restart / Mission Select
- Mission restart available from pause menu and result screen
- Fixed a bug where Switching off the V-Sync for the second time set the FPS Limiter to 30 instead of 60 by default
- Fixed a bug where changing the settings from TXAA to FXAA and not applying the change made the TXAA Sharpness turn to 1 instead of its previous value
- Fixed a bug where turning off TXAA Anti-aliasing does not visually disable TXAA Sharpness slider
- Fixed a bug where the changes made to V-Sync were reverted to the previous setting when turning on then cancelling
- Fixed bug where the volumetric lightning is not turned on by default at launch if it was set to off on a previous version and it can't be turned on manually anymore
- Fixed a bug where the "Fog Quality" setting is set back to low after restarting the game
Check out the full list of fixes on the Bethesda Website. Will you be playing Iron Mode?