Dragon Ball FighterZ: February update renders older replays unusable
A number of fixes for Dragon Ball FighterZ are arriving soon from Arc System Works with the upcoming February update, which also makes old replays unusable.
It's been a rocky month for Arc System's latest fighter Dragon Ball FighterZ, which has suffered from a number of online problems recently. However things are looking up, as the developers recently announced they would be addressing the problems soon, starting with an upcoming February update to fix a number of issues. This will be the first patch that will make changes to the game, with a second arriving sometime in March. While the February update adds a number of changes to the game it will also make old replays unusable, as the developer adds new replay tools with the patch.
Some of the other big features coming with the patch include: Party Match has been added, Replay Channel has added Follow Channel and Search Channel, Arcade Mode has been made more convenient with the flow and more. They are also making some improvements to the overall fighting experience, as well as optimizing the matchmaking system for online play. The developers spoke out about their update ahead of the launch:
Thank you to everyone who has been enjoying Dragon Ball FighterZ. We'd like to announce the contents of the late February update to the game. (Once the update is out, because of changes to the battle system, replay data from the older version will be incompatible, so please be aware of this).
Take a look at the upcoming changelog below for a list of fixes coming with the first update:
Dragon Ball FighterZ Changelog
- Party Match has been implemented.
- Replay Channel has had the following functions added: Follow Channel, Search Channel.
- Arcade Mode has been changed to be more convenient.
- The flow has been changed so that you can choose your next destination at the Results screen after clearing a course.
- When pausing for Option during battle, we’ve added „Return to Course Select“ and „Return to Character Select.“
- When an opponent is found while searching for a Ring Match, Casual Match or Ranked Match, the controller will now vibrate.
- Replay Data has been adjusted to the new version. Once this update goes live, you will no longer be able to view replay data from the old version. Please be aware.
- Movement should now feel more stable.
- Effects and cinematic moments have been adjusted to display more correctly.
- A bug where after a Dragon Rush forced character switch, if you used a move that will switch your position to your opponent’s, the hitbox would become reversed, has been fixed.
- To improve the matchmaking in the game, one part of the system has been revamped, in order to optimize it. We are planning to gradually continue working on improving this area.
- For the DLC Anime Song & BGM pack, we’ve changed the settings so that P1 and P2 can each hear their own chosen song. Please continue enjoying Dragon Ball FighterZ in the future as well.