HELP - How to find your Deluxe/Gold Edition Content and Pre-order Bonus
Looking to explore the open world of Hope County in Far Cry 5 and you're having some issues locating your pre-order bonus or Deluxe/Gold Edition Content? No need to fear, we've put together a handy guide to help you find those bonuses within the game!
Before you can access any of the content you will need to finish "The Resistance" mission which involves liberating Dutch's Island at the start of the game (after the short intro level). This happens naturally and is not something you need to worry about finding. Once you've done that you'll be able to equip your items, vehicles and weapons at various shops throughout the world. For Clothes you can simply change them on your inventory screen under "Character Customisation".
Doomsday Prepper Pack Pre-order Bonus
Those who pre-ordered the game will have access to the Doomsday Prepper Pack which adds in an outfit, 1911 Handgun and a Doomsday Van.
- Doomsday Prepper Outfit
- Doomsday 1911 Handgun
- Doomsday Van
Doomsday Prepper Outfit
- Find a shop with a Gun Icon (or you can select Character Customisation from the menus).
- Select "Outfit" and then scroll down until you find the "Doomsday Prepper".
- Right click to Equip the outfit.
- You can also change separate pieces such as Hats or Tops if you don't want the full look. Just select Upper Body/Lower Body and Headwear to mix/match pieces you have in your inventory.
Doomsday 1911 Handgun and Van
- Once again visit a Gun shop, then select "Handguns" and scroll to equip the 1911 Doomsday Prepper Gun.
- Select a weapon slot for your gun to equip it on (at the start you can equip 2 weapons only).
- For the Van you want to find a "Vehicle Shop" and press R next to it.
- Next you want to head to the Garage.
- From here you can spawn in all types of vehicles, you want to go to the Van section to find the "Doomsday Prepper Van"
- Hit spacebar to spawn it in and drive!
Chaos Pack (consumables)
You will also get the Chaos Pack which adds in some boost items, animal baits and Molotov Cocktails. These will be available after the intro mission (The Resistance) and can also be restocked from shops or created from various items located around the world that you'll find in your travels.
Chaos Pack (consumables)
- 4x Molotov Cocktails
- 4x Animal Bait
- 4x Fast Buffs
- 4x Furious Buffs
- To use a boost you can select the Utility Wheel (default key is Alt).
- Find the boost you want to use and press F to consume, these will give you a buff for a limited time.
- For the Animal Bait and Molotov's, you can select these with the Weapon Wheel (Default key is Q).
- You can also restock your items (if you have the items) by holding down Right Mouse button to craft while in the menus. If you don't have any available you can always visit a shop to restock.
Digital Deluxe Pack
If you have purchased the Deluxe or Gold version of the game you will get the Digital Deluxe Pack that features new outfits, weapons, vehicles and more. These will be available to you after finishing "The Resistance" mission, but some things may require a specific shop to spawn it in.
Big Game Hunter Pack
Looking to go on the Hunt? The Deluxe Pack adds in the Big Game Hunter Pack which adds a green outfit to hunt with, a special ATV for getting around the mountains and a Compound Bow for taking down foes from bushes.
- Compound Bow
- Equip your Outfit in your Inventory or via a shop.
- The Compound Bow can be equipped from the Weapon Wheel - or via a shop that sells guns.
- For the ATV, simply head to a Vehicle Shop and spawn it in (see above for more help on that).
Ace Pilot Pack
Deluxe also includes the Ace Pilot Pack that adds a new look for the 1911 Handgun, a white and green outfit and your very own stylish helicopter for getting around the map quicker.
- 1911 Handgun
- Equip your Aerial Force Outfit in the inventory, or via a shop that allows it.
- You can also equip your 1911 "Aerial Force" Handgun in the same way as other guns (via the gun shops).
- For the Helicopter you'll want to find a "Helicopter Shop" on the map, then press R to select one.
- After that you want to select Helicopters.
- Select the Aerial Force Helicopter and hit spacebar to select it and spawn it in.
- Go fly around Hope County in your green and white flying machine!
Explosive Pack (consumables)
Explore Hope County with a bang as the Deluxe Pack also comes with the Explosive Pack which adds in C4, Dynamite and Grenades to blow up anything that stands in your way!
- 4x C4
- 4x Dynamite
- 4x Proximity Grenades
- 4x Grenades
- Once you've beaten "The Resistance" mission these will be available to you in your inventory, and can be restocked at any shop.
- To equip them you use the "Weapon Wheel" (default button Q) and select them on the bottom. You can use the mouse wheel to select the type of explosive equipped in a weapon slot.
Gold Edition Content
As is the case with some Uplay titles, Gold Edition content may be hard to spot as Ubisoft does not display a Gold Edition box art for any of their games. But not to worry! You will have all the Gold Edition content as it becomes available.
- To Equip the Sniper Rifle all you need to do is visit the shop (as seen above) and select it in one of your weapon slots.
The Gold Edition will include the Game, Season Pass, Digital Deluxe Pack, and the Day 1 Exclusive MBP Golden Sniper Rifle! You will also receive a free copy of Far Cry 3 when it becomes available on May 29th.