Imperator Rome - Alexander DLC and Marius Update launch!
A beautiful day for demanding strategists who want to get more out of Paradox's Imperator: Rome. Today the mega-update Marius turns the military system upside down, as it paves the way for the new Heirs of Alexander DLC - which is also out now!
Paradox didn't build Imperator: Rome in a day, and construction continues consistently years after release. Rumor has it that the free "2.0 Marius" patch released today will greatly transform the strategy game, turning the classic Imperator: Rome into an almost entirely new game. The trailer released today for the release of the update also bears witness to this, because whenever developers consider a patch to be particularly important, they give us an info trailer about it at the same time.
For Paradox (and the community), an overhaul of the military system of Imperator: Rome was at the forefront. In a nutshell, these are the new features:
- New interface
- Revised war mechanics
- New war objectives
- Legions with historical background
- Update of siege mechanics
- New inventions
- New unit models
- New military traditions
- ... and probably much more
Patch to coincide with the release of Imperator: Rome - Heirs of Alexander
At the same time, Paradox is releasing a new content pack for Imperator: Rome today. Heirs of Alexander is now available on Gamesplanet and you can get a taste of what awaits in the short trailer for it. The content pack for Imperator: Rome focuses on the Hellenistic kingdoms of the Eastern Mediterranean and Asia - all in the context of the great conqueror Alexander, of course. These are the features of the Heirs of Alexander DLC:
- Unique Mission Trees: New special mission objectives for the Antigonid Empire in Anatolia, Seleucid Empire in Asia, Ptolemaic Empire in Egypt, Macedonia and Thrace.
- Shared Mission Tree: Diadochi-themed mission objectives available to all of the Successor Kingdoms.
- Wonder Designer: New tool that allows players to build their own custom monuments, adding bonuses to their location or to the entire empire.
- New Events: Various Historical Events based on the history and legacy of Alexander’s followers.
- New Deities: Regional gods and goddesses from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
- New Treasures: Distinctive artifacts from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
- New Music: Three new music tracks to inspire your Successor Kingdom.