Insurgency: Sandstorm Open Beta runs from December 7-10th
Try out Insurgency: Sandstorm with a free Open Beta for the game from December 7-10th. Beta runs until the launch of the game on December 12th. Play with friends this weekend!
The team-based tactical first person shooter Insurgency: Sandstorm launches next week on December 12th, and publisher Focus Home Interactive has announced that there will be an open beta this weekend from December 7-10th. Those looking to get in on the action can try out the hardcore shooter for themselves, or pre-order to get in on the action from today.
The previous game in the series, Insurgency was able to achieve a high 8.6 user score on Metacritic, which bodes well for the sequel. Insurgency: Sandstorm is already shaping up to be a much larger experience, with more modes, maps, weapons and vehicles adding to the experience. There's plenty of fans for the original title, so expectations for Sandstorm are high.
A Hardcore Military Shooter
A new trailer released yesterday shows you how intense the fights in Insurgency: Sandstorm can be. Lead Game Designer Michael Tsarouhas from Developer New World Interactive comments on the game and reveals why Sandstorm has such great potential. The game is designed to be a hardcore military shooter, with a reduced HUD, character customisation, weapon adjustments and the ability for commanders to request airstrikes. Sound also makes a key part of the experience, and the developers are trying to be as realistic as they can with weapons and vehicles sounding like they should..
New World Interactive are busy working on the final touches for the game, with the last Open Beta set to launch this Friday. As soon as the Open Beta arrives, a major updated will be rolled out at the same time. Insurgency: Sandstorm has come a long way since it's initial Beta and will continue to get updates even after the game is launched. The upcoming update will include all maps, character customisations, new dialogue and much more.
According to NWI, thousands are already actively playing the closed beta. If you pre-order Insurgency: Sandstorm from Gamesplanet you can get involved with the current multiplayer beta, or wait until Open Beta on Friday.
Insurgency: Sandstorm Features
- Sequel to the indie breakout FPS Insurgency, now with 5 million units sold. Sandstorm is reborn, improved, expanded, and bigger in every way.
- Character and weapon customisation to show your battle-hardiness.
- Unprecedented audio design with positional voice-chat for realistic teamwork, and heart pounding ambient audio to bring you into the battlefield.
- Peek around corners, tactically breach doorways, use smoke to cover your team’s advance, and call in air support.
- Battle across expansive maps in up to 16-versus-16 player game modes, or 8 player co-operative against AI, now with machine gun mounted drivable vehicles.
- Competitive multiplayer features including matchmaking, broadcasting UI, and replays.
Insurgency: Sandstorm will be released on December 12th for PC, and you can purchase the game today to save 15% off and get instant access to the Multiplayer Beta!