Metro Exodus now launching February 15th, 4k Title Opening Released
Wrap up for the cold winter as the release for the highly anticipated Metro Exodus has been brought forward a week, and will now be launching on February 15th 2019. The third entry in the series will take a change in pace as we visit the world above, on foot and also by train through forests and each season. Expect a much larger open world than before as the player searches for a new home.
Developer 4A Games has also given us a taste of the opening sequence for the game, which was created by Elastic.tv, - who are best known for bringing to life opening sequences for popular TV shows such as Game of Thrones and Westworld. The music for it was created by Metro series composer Alexey Omelchuk.
Metro Exodus Features:
- Embark on an incredible journey - board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival - a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world - discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate - not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion - a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind - Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
Metro Exodus is launching on February 15th 2019 for PC, Xbox One and PS4. Can't wait until then? Take a look at 13 Minutes of Gameplay from Gamescom 2018 while you wait.