How to find your Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-order/Special/Ultimate Edition bonuses
Ready to head into the open world of Red Dead Redemption 2 but not sure where to find your bonuses? No matter which version you get you'll get a few cool things within the game and we've thrown together a handy guide to help you locate all your bonuses included with the various Editions we've got on offer.
How to find your Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-order Bonus
Those who pre-ordered any version of Red Dead Redemption 2 will have received 25 Gold Bars for use in Red Dead Online. These are given to you near the start of the game through normal progression during the tutorial.
How to find Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Bonuses
Cash Bonuses & Gameplay Boosts
When you first get into the game you can access the Settings -> General page. From here you're able to toggle on Core Stats Bonus (which will drain Stamina, Health and Dead Eye cores 20% slower) and Cash Bonuses & Camp Upgrade discounts (earn more cash from robbery missions, carcasses sold and a discount on camp upgrades).
Talisman & Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
Once you've finished the opening Chapter and reached Horseshoe Overlook (start of Chapter 2) you can gain access to your Camp to equip the Eagle Talon Talisman. The Iguana Trinket is in your inventory and does not require equipping, will give a permanent 10% damage reduction when mounted on a horse.
- To Equip the Eagle Talon Talisman go to your Camp and visit Arthur's tent.
- Go to the Wardrobe Box by the end of his bed and select "Talismans" from the menu.
- Equip the Eagle Talon Talisman.
Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit
- Open the Wardrobe and select "Outfits" then equip The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit.
Dappled Black Thoroughbred (Horse)
- Once you've reached Valentine and unlocked the stable (around the 3rd mission in Chapter 2), you can get your Dappled Black Thoroughbred (Horse) for free. Remember you can only have one horse at a time!
- Visit any Gunsmith vendor in towns, browse their catalogue and purchase the "Volcanic Pistol", "Varmint Rifle" and "Pump-Action Shotgun" for free.
Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
After reaching Chapter 4, both the Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout will become available through the story progression naturally.
How to find Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Bonuses
Those who purchase the Ultimate Edition will get all the Special Edition bonuses, plus some extra content for Red Dead Online.
Survivor Camp Theme
- Finish the Opening Mission for Red Dead Online and unlock the Camp then talk to Cripps.
- Select "Theme" then "Survivor" to get your free camp theme.
Guns and Horses
These work in the same way as they do in single player, for the guns you can browse any catalogue once you've received it and it'll be delivered to your camp. Alternatively, you can visit a gunsmith. For the horse, you'll need to unlock the stable then you can get your Black Chestnut Thoroughbred (make sure you stable the other first).
Bonus outfits for your online character
Like horses and guns, you can equip your outfits the same way you would in the main game. You can either visit a Tailor, or open the Catalogue to purchase your free outfits.
As part of your Red Dead Online bonuses you'll get an extra 5% XP boost until level 25. You'll also be able to get more bonuses from playing.