Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered edition coming to PC and consoles in Q2 2018
Head back to Mars and blow things up in the action shooter Red Faction Guerrilla with the new Re-Mars-tered Edition coming to PC and consoles in Q2 2018. Includes Improved graphics, 4k support and more.
THQ Nordic have announced that we'll be heading back to the red planet later this year as Red Faction Guerrilla will be getting a Re-Mars-tered edition in Q2 2018. This new version will take what made the original great and add Fully Reworked Graphics, Improved Shadows, Lighting, 4k Support and more. For those who did not play the original game, Red Faction Guerrilla takes place in the year 2125, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. You play as Mining Engineer Alec Mason, who must travel to the red planet to assist the re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. The original game released way back in 2009 and was a generally well received game, with many critics having fun despite a few problems with the story and characters.
Expect plenty of crazy open world mayhem and destruction as you fight back against the Earth Defense Force. As with previous games in the series Guerrilla gives players a number of weapons for creating plenty of bangs on the planet, as well as a weird farting Rainbow Unicorn that well, also make things go boom! It's unclear whether or not this new version will also include the 3 DLC packs for the game but we hope they are.
Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Gallery
Take a look at some new screens while you wait for the upcoming Re-Mars-tered edition to launch later this year!
Red Faction: Guerrilla Features
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare - You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF's grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction - Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay - Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics - mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting - Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat - There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved Lighting
- Shader & Postprocessing rework
- Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered is launching in Q2 2018 for PC and consoles.