How to find your New Frontier Pass DLC for Civilization 6 on Steam
By activating the New Frontier Pass for Civilization 6 you will unlock a lot of additional content for the strategy game, but not all of them are available immediately. Developer Firaxis is gradually rolling out the additional DLCs included in the New Frontier Pass until March 2021. This is common practice, as it is a kind of Season Pass for the game.
The Pass starts with the Civilization 6: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack (also available separately) - you should be able to access the DLC content in Civilization 6 right now. You don't see this content in the Steam client and want to check that your New Frontier Pass has been activated? Here we'll show you how to do that.
How to verify that your New Frontier Pass has been activated in Steam
Steam offers several ways to display the activated extensions for a game. Here we present you one of them:
- Search for "Sid Meier's Civilization VI" in your Steam library, right-click on it and then left-click on "Properties".
- Click on the "DLC" tab in the window that opens and you will be shown all the additional content you have activated for Civilization 6. Please make sure that there is a check mark in each of them. As you can see from the second picture in our gallery, the main view of Civilization 6 only shows two entries at first glance, those of the new DLCs. The DLC window, on the other hand, shows you all of the expansions in a clearly arranged list.
Click on "Properties" in this pop-up menu
The detailed DLC overview in the properties window
No additional content in the game despite owning the DLC? This is how you solve the problem
It may happen that Steam does not immediately register new content or does not correctly assign it to the main game, even if you've successfully activated the New Frontier Pass. In that case, we'll have to help the Steam client. Here's how we do it:
- First, locate the Civilization 6 user folder on your hard drive. Usually it's this path: "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI."
- Delete the file "Mods.sqlite"
- Restart your Steam client completely (close Steam or restart the computer if necessary). Steam should now reassign the additional content and the New Frontier Pass will appear in the DLC library of Civilization 6.
That didn't work either? Then write us a mail with a detailed error description (with pictures at best) to [email protected] and we'll help you out.