E3 2017 - Ubisoft unveils new Pirate Game Skull and Bones, Gameplay Footage and Trailer
Avast ye land lubbers, Pirates rule the seas in the upcoming action open world game Skull and Bones. Ubisoft unveils their next title, and it reminds us a little of Assassin's Creed Black Flag.
During the E3 Press event held by Ubisoft last night, we were treated to several games and had a few new IP's announced during the night. One of these was the brand new open world Pirate game Skull and Bones, in which you will command powerful warships to fight it out upon the open seas either solo or with friends in a fantastic new multiplayer experience. You play as a Pirate Captain (who can be customised to look the way you want) and you've refused the King's pardon. With nothing to lose you set sail to the Indian Ocean, where you will come across countless riches in the exotic seas.
Caution lurks in these waters though, as battles will be waged for control over territory and trading routes are key to the way of life. Venture into these water and try to keep your crew and ship afloat, much like Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag you will have powerful ships to fight back with.
As your journey progresses you will become the top Pirate as you build your fleet of ships (all of which can be customised), take on trade routes and take down rival Pirate Captains. Meet with various characters or even other players as you try to survive. It's almost certainly taking some cues from Black Flag, which is not a bad thing as that game had some fantastic ship to ship combat and hopefully we'll see more of that in an open world shared with others.
You can take a look at some of the features the game has on offer below!
- Dominate a Dangerous Open Ocean: A shared open world that reacts as you plunder rich trade routes
- Customize Your Pirate Experience: Choose your captain, recruit your crew and build deadly ships
- Naval Combat Redefined: Use your weapons, spyglass and even the wind to stalk and destroy your prey
- Play Solo or Coop: Raid the Hunting Grounds alone or group with other players to hunt larger prey
- Explosive Multiplayer: Enter the Disputed Waters and fight for supremacy in a variety of game modes
Skull and Bones will be coming Fall 2018 to PC, Xbox One and PS4. Players can signup for a chance to play in the beta today - www.skullandbonesgame.com/beta