FAQ - Tips for the Game
When you first get into the open world you'll be able to explore anywhere as the game doesn't lock you behind barriers, you can explore as much as you want when you want. As you explore the city you'll want to keep an eye out for everything and to that end here are some handy tips to help you get the most from the city.
- Hack Everyone - This is a crucial point and something others may not do often, the reason you'll want to do this is because it can unlock interesting conversations and also keep your bank balance healthy by draining money from others.
- Use Hacker Vision - Watch_Dogs 2 has a "sonar vision" which can be used to see enemies, objects, cameras and so on behind walls. This is especially helpful when looking for enemies and staying hidden, you'll be able to tag enemies to follow their movements (even when not on). The default key for this mode is V and is unlocked near the start.
- Get a few upgrades early on - There are so many upgrade skills in the game so it's important to pick the best ones, you'll want to grab the Botnet upgrade which will allow you more charge in your phone's battery to allow more hacking. Another one you'll want to grab early on is the Environmental Remote Control which will let you control forklifts and other vehicles that may be used to lift you to higher areas or move a box out of the way for a hidden item. Lastly it's worth grabbing the Improved Profiler as it will automatically flag profiles of nearby people with large bank accounts.
- Obtain the Quadcopter - As soon as you reach your DedSec HQ you'll be able to unlock the 3D Printer and this will let you print weapons and gadgets, the Quadcopter will cost a staggering $67,500 so it's advisable to get it early on. This will open new roots up during your missions as it can fly over many things/reach places the regular RC Jumper can't reach.
- Double Tap your Hack Key - If you're not aware the hack button usually requires 2 steps, holding the key and then selecting another action - however it also has a quick function if you double tap it (Default Middle Mouse) then it will do the default action - for example, if you're hacking a door it will unlock/open with a quick double tap or if you're hacking someone it's useful to get their money faster.