Watch_Dogs 2 - What does the PC version offer compared to Consoles?
When it comes to a multi-platform release it's important that the PC version has love poured into it, with the news that the PC version has been pushed back 2 weeks to allow further development time we explore just what the differences are between the Console and PC.
Take a look at what you can expect with the PC version when it arrives next week in this brand new video focusing on the exclusive features in the PC release. It will support 4k, Ultra HD Textures, FOV Sliders, Better Anti-Aliasing and much more!
Watch Dogs 2: PC Trailer – NVIDIA GameWorks
Check out the full list of new features coming below!
- 4K support
- Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
- No FPS cap
- Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
- Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
- Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
- Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.
Improved Graphic Features
- Screen Space Reflections
- Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights
- Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.
Improved Graphics Options
- FOV sliders
- Pixel Density sliders
- Sharpness sliders
- Ultra Textures pack available at launch
- Anti-aliasing options:
- Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA
Improved Keyboard/Mouse controls
- Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
- We’re using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
- Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
- Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
- Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)
- Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior
- On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
- Supported gamepads: Xbox One controller, PlayStation 4 Dual Shock controller