Yooka-Laylee - Update released to improve camera and dialogue options!
Yooka-Laylee devs Playtonic have released a brand new update that will fix a number of issues, while also adding in the ability to skip cut-scenes and rework camera to allow for a more enjoyable experience.
Earlier this month we learned that a new update would be released that would revamp the Banjo-Kazooie successor Yooka-Laylee with improved camera functions, dialogue skipping and skippable cutscenes. Now the team over at Playtonic have just released the patch, and true to form it does add an extensive list of changes to make the action platformer even better. Elsewhere certain boss mechanics have been changed to make them less frustrating and easier to tackle (we're looking at you Rampo).
Not only that, but they've been busy cooking away at fixing a number of bugs that prevented users from enjoying the title in all it's 3D platform glory.
- New camera mode with minimal assist. (Find this in the settings menu)
- Further, general camera improvements in set locations within the game.
- Skip cut-scenes.
- Shorter 'gibberish chat'. (Find this in the settings menu)
- Skip dialouge by holding Y.
- The Capital Cashino bugs have been squished with great vengeance and furious anger.
You can take a look at some of the big changes and bug fixes in the patch notes below:
- New music added to the pause menu
- New optional camera mode added with minimal assist
- Pagies have added signposts to Hivory Towers to help guide players to new worlds
- Design tweaks to all arcade games
- Improved speed when scrolling through Totals Menu
- New option for shorter ‘gibberish’ voice sound FX
- New speech volume option
- New ability to speed through dialogue by holding Y
- Cut-scenes can now be skipped with Y
- New moves section added to pause menu, with image guide
- Minecart control improvements and new visual effects
- Transformation control improvements
- Improved first-person aiming controls
- New first-person aiming control options added
- Improved flying controls
- Health UI is now always visible when low
- Design tweaks in various areas (Black Hole in One, Gloomy Gem Grotto etc)
- New icons added for keyboard/mouse controls
- Improved Rampo boss fight
- Added PC Display Settings to the in-game pause menu
- Performance improvements
- Audio improvements
BUG FIX HIGHLIGHTS
- Fixed an issue where Pagies would not be saved if the player exchanged Casino Tokens and then closed the game.
- Fixed an issue where the main environment in Capital Cashino would sometimes disappear when retrying the Knights of Hamalot challenge.
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash when closing in exclusive mode.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not reset if they flew off screen in the Up ‘n’ Nova arcade game.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not be able to move forward in Up ‘n’ Nova after colliding with a Corplet Drone.
- The ‘delete’ option for save games is now localised when running the game in Russian.
- Fixed an issue where a floating bridge would occasionally appear in Shipwreck Creek.
- Fixed an issue where Yooka’s tongue would sometimes disappear when attached to Space Plumbing pipes.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to avoid the death trigger when squashed in Moodymaze Marsh’s maze challenge.
- Fixed a geometry gap in Capital Cashino which the player could fall through.
- Fixed an issue where electricity SFX in Power Grid could be heard in incorrect places.
- Fixed an issue where unlocking a Tonic during the Capital Cashino Knights of Hamalot challenge would sometimes lead to a fail.
- Fixed an issue where keyboard controls would not work for secondary players in multiplayer Arcade games.
- Fixed an issue where the player was sometimes unable to use the first switch in Murky Passage on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where the Up N’ Nova Arcade game’s controls would sometimes change slightly when playing for the second time.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to become stuck in the Sonar Course in Captial Cashino if the player didn’t have Lizard Leap.
- Arcade game menus now list all inputs used for movement when playing with keyboard/mouse.
- Fixed an issue where the player would receive damage when attempting to go into the first laser in the Capital Cashino vault whilst invisible.
Should you want to read the full patch notes you can do so over at the Steam Community Page. Have you had a chance to play Yooka-Laylee yet?