Description of Combat Mission: Red Thunder
Buy Combat Mission: Red Thunder as a Steam key at Gamesplanet.com
Combat Mission Red Thunder focuses on the hard fought Eastern Front battles of Bagration and Poland, from the swamps of Belarus to the gates of Warsaw during the summer of 1944. Experience the most balanced period of tactical warfare on the Eastern Front, even as the Axis' strategic ability to wage war began to collapse. Play out historical battles and campaigns or create your own customized Quick Battles. All new units, new terrain, and new features make this a must-have for all Combat Mission fans.
Red Thunder brings you to the Eastern Front where the forces of the Third Reich definitively, and decisively, lost all hope of victory. Command the full array of Soviet forces or those of the German Heer as the battles rage across thousands of square miles of territory. Find out first hand why the Soviet juggernaut could not be stopped.
Two highly detailed and thoroughly researched campaigns set the stage for what many consider the most interesting ground combat of the entire war. Certainly it's perfect for those who love tanks, because there's no shortage of them in these battles! The first campaign has you as the Soviet commander of the initial breakthrough and exploitation of a key sector of the German front at Orshra at the beginning of Bagration. The second details a very successful German armored counter attack at Radzymin, Poland, which was largely responsible for stalling the Soviet's push into Warsaw. There's also 18 stand alone battles and a ton of Quick Battle maps. In addition, we included massive "Master Maps" used to create the campaigns which can be used to make your own battles for the wide range of formations with 84 vehicle types and dozens of heavy weapons.
- Tactical warfare at battalion and below scale in a true 3D environment
- Command individual vehicles, teams and squads
- Expansive simulation of “soft factors” such as Morale, Experience and Leadership
- Innovative systems portraying Fog of War, Spotting, Line of Sight, Command & Control and Objectives
- Unmatched realistic physics, ballistics and battlefield effects
- Fight in a wide range of weather and lighting conditions, all of which realistically impact fighting abilities
- Unique hybrid system for RealTime and WeGo (turn based) play
- Full featured Editor for maps, scenarios, and campaigns
- Quick Battle system sets up deliberate or randomized battles based on player specifications
- Single player and head to head play, including Play By Email (PBEM+++)
- Supported for the long haul with patches, upgrades and expansions