Description of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl as a Steam key at Gamesplanet.com
In 1986, the world's worst nuclear disaster occurred at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. Soviet authorities established an 'Exclusion Zone' around, but a second explosion hit the reactor in 2006, creating The Zone as we know it – dangerous place, filled with mutated creatures, deadly radiation, and a strange, anomalous energy. The Zone was cordoned off by the military, who would shoot on sight anyone foolish enough to get inside.
Year 2012. The Zone is still a dangerous place and a threat to all mankind. Mercenaries, bounty hunters and explorers ventured further and further into the heart of the Zone driven by reports of strange 'artifacts' imbued with anomalous energy. To sell them on the black market or trying to find the 'truth' behind the Zone. Whatever their motivation, over time these individuals - Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers and Robbers - have become known as S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s.
You will have to find your own way to survive in the Zone!
- An immersive storyline, seamlessly blended with a living, breathing, non-linear open-world environment.
- An accurately modeled real-world buildings and locations from deep inside of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- Unique 'Survival FPS' gameplay, which combines action, stealth, survival and RPG elements - to create an incomparable experience in the Zone.
- Enemy Threat Evaluation AI system - NPC characters react to changes in environments and situations.
- Realistic combat mechanics with accurate ballistic properties.
- Dynamic day-night cycle and weather system, that directly impacts gameplay.
- Advanced physics and dynamic lighting effects powered by the 'X-Ray Engine'.
- Intense multiplayer action, supporting up to 32 players.