Description of The Town of Light
Buy The Town of Light as a Steam key at Gamesplanet.com
Play through the fictional eyes of Renée, a 16-year-old girl who suffers from the symptoms of mental illness. She is searching for answers to the many questions from her past, whilst exploring the place where she spent most of her youth. What happens next is a dark and emotional journey where the lines between entertainment, storytelling and reality become very blurred indeed.
The game, based on extensive research and inspired by real facts, is a first-person psychological story driven adventure game set in the Volterra Psychiatric Asylum. Based in Tuscany, Italy, the asylum was shut down in the late 1970's by a law from the Italian government which instructed all asylums to close completely and give back patients their civil rights.
Explore the asylum as it stands to this day and uncover the good and the bad that humankind has to offer.
- Experience the world through the eyes of Renée, a 16 year old girl suffering with mental illness as she tries to reconstruct her past
- Explore the ruins of the Volterra Psychiatric Asylum and travel back in time to glimpse the lives of those it held, painstakingly reconstructed from historical records
- Forge Renée’s path, steer her emotions and rationalise the truth to reveal a unique non-linear storyline
- New enhanced version of The Town of Light including new music, story elements, user interface and more
- Uncover the pages of Renée’s Diary within the game world as you piece together her story
- Original soundtrack composed for The Town of Light.
- The Town of Light is based on the horrors of the real world and the difficulties of mental illness. Rich and immersive 3D Graphics