Description of Steel Division 2 - Blood Feud in Transylvania
Buy Steel Division 2 - Blood Feud in Transylvania as a Steam key at Gamesplanet.com
Allies turned enemies play the central role in the major Steel Division 2: Blood Feud in Transylvania expansion, shining a light on an overlooked fight between Axis Hungary and recently switched Allied Romania. The origin of this long-running feud? Transylvania.
Until 1944, Axis Hungary and Romania are reluctant allies under the ever-watchful eye of Nazi Germany. This frigid partnership collapses with the massive Soviet invasion of Romania that summer, resulting in the swift about-face of Romania to the Allied side. The Battle for Turda takes place in September 1944 and is hard fought, with many casualties on both sides.
Hungary, keen on regaining greatly wanted Transylvania, doesn’t take long to invade the eastern territories of their former comrade-in-arms. In turn, the hard-pressed Romanian defenders fight tooth and nail on the river Turda, desperately buying time for fresh reinforcements, including Soviet units, to arrive.
Steel Division 2: Blood Feud in Transylvania expansion brings an often-overlooked part of World War II history to the game, thanks to a new Army General campaign, dozens of new units, 2 new Aces, and 6 new playable Divisions, including 2 Axis Hungarian and one German, as well as 3 Allied Romanian.
- Attack decisively with two Axis Hungary and one German battlegroup: the powerful tank forces of the Hungarian 2. Páncéloshadosztály (2nd Armored Division), the infantry-centric 25. Hadosztály (25th Infantry Division), and the ad hoc Wehrmacht task force of Sperrverband von Kessel.
- Lead the newly Allied Romanian battlegroups to a victorious defense of Transylvania, including the large and well-trained Divizia 9 Infanterie, the varied forces of the Divizia 8 Cavalerie Motorizata, the reserve troops and Soviet reinforcements of Corpul 6 Teritorial.
- Command dozens of new units, all meticulously researched and recreated in-game. The Axis battlegroups feature unique units such as Hungarian Hegyi Lövész border guards, well-regarded Zrinyi II assault guns, the Raba Vr self-propelled 76,5mm gun-truck, and the off-map artillery spotting WM-21 Solyom biplane. Allied Romania can deploy machine-gun equipped Calarasi Moto, Graniceri border guards, the speedy Ford V8 Sedan, disgraced elite Vânâtori de Garda bodyguards, TACAM R-2 tank destroyers, and Potez 63.11 A3 recon bombers.
- A new Army General campaign focussing on the Battle of Turda and the first stages of combat in Transylvania, as historically happened from September 5th to 15th, 1944. While the Hungarians have the edge during the opening moves, the Romanians defend and build up their forces until strong enough to counter-attack. Which side will you lead to victory?
- Two new Aces: the Hungarian tank commander Lieutenant Ervin Tarczay with his Parduc Panther tank and the Romanian fighter ace, Captain Dan Vizanti flying top cover on the IAR-81C fighter plane.
- A new 2vs2 map - Oarba - inspired by the actual battlefields will also be made available free to all owners of Steel Division 2.