Description of OMSI 2 Add-On Digibus Phantom
The Phantom is based on the high-floor version of the Optare Spectra, which first appeared on British roads in 1992 and is a modern evolution of the MCW Metrobus. Optare, formally a part of United Bus (Including DAF and BOVA), purchased the rights to the 15 year old design from the defunct Metro Cammell Weymann business. The Spectra was sold exclusively on the DAF DB250RS chassis until around 1994 after which it was made available to other coachbuilders, such as Alexander and Northern Counties.
The design was relaunched in 1998 as the UK's first ever low-floor bus, the DB250RS LF. It sold in large batches to regular customers such as Arriva, Reading Buses and Wilts & Dorset. Production continued until the last examples left the production line in 2005. Today, most Spectras have been removed from public service (as emissions regulations become tighter with many cities adopting Low Emission Zones) although a few lucky ones have been saved from the scrap yard by passionate enthusiasts and will continue their life in preservation for many years to come.
- 3D body and interior models meticulously detailed using scale drawings and photo sessions with the real bus
- Authentic engine and misc sounds recorded from preserved ex-Wilts & Dorset bus 3127 (L127 ELJ) - Many thanks to owner, Darren Johnson, for reaching out to me
- Engine performance is based on the 272hp DAF RS200 ATi engine
- Choice of 3 or 4 speed gearbox based on the Voith D851 and D854 respectively
- Fully operational roller-blinds with destinations included for some of the more popular UK maps
- Dashboard with working warning lamps, faults, switches and gauges plus unique engine start-up procedure
- Classic ticket machine from the 90s which allows for up to 6 preset fares
- Bench seating
- 16 optional setvars include: tree protection bar, side marker lights, chrome hub trim & full wheel trims, varied roller-blind configurations (2x front / 3x side / 1x rear) and cab assault screen
- 9 bundled liveries
- Various templates are included to assist repainters with their livery recreations